In our previous post, we talked about the beginnings of our Search Engine Optimization for Rozelle Lawn and Landscape. Â In the previous article, we talked about our basic first round of optimization:
You can see Rozelle’s Local listing for Fort Wayne Landscape Contractors on Google
- Setting up Google Local
- Submitting the site to Google and Bing
- Setting up Google Webmaster
- Setting up an XML sitemap
- Setting up Google Analytics
Now, we’ve moved beyond the basic items and have started looking at both on-page items and incoming links.
For on-page items, we’ve started looking at items such as:
- H1 tags – These are typically the largest headlines at the top of the page. Â Google “thinks” that they are a good description of what the page is about, so it’s important that they contain your key terms
- Title tags – these are the words found at the very top of the browser – in the tab or window heading. Â Again, Google views these as an overview of what your page is all about. Â So, it is critical to make sure they contain your keywords
- Length of page – while longer isn’t necessarily better. Â Most experts believe pages need to be at least 250 words long.
Right now, we’re still working on the site. Â We’ve seen the site grow from nearÂ oblivion to the second page of Google. Â And, while we acknowledge that the second page of Google can be almost worthless, we’re excited that we are making some progress.
Keep checking back and we’ll be sure to keep you up to date on what’s happening.
Until then – feel free to visit the site: Fort Wayne Landscape – Rozelle Lawn and Landscape!
Want to know more? Â CONTACT USÂ today!